Next time you are entertaining try these tasty little pastry delights
Prep time:10 mins
Cook time:12 mins
- 2 sheets frozen shortcrust pastry, partially thawed
- 4 medium tomatoes, de-seeded and finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons Leggo's Tomato Paste
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 50g goat cheese
- Fresh baby basil leaves, for garnish
Using a 7cm round cutter, cut 9 circles of pastry from each pastry sheet. Press into 18 lightly greased patty pans and prick pastry with a fork.
Combine tomatoes, Leggo's Tomato Paste and balsamic vinegar in a bowl. Spoon tomato mixture into pastry cases and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C for 10-12 minutes.
Remove from oven and top each tart with a little goat cheese and a baby basil leaf. Serve immediately.
Substitute spreadable cream cheese for the goat cheese.